Eye contact secondo David Shade: considerazioni

Aperto da Alfaleffo, 02 Dicembre 2008, 17:39:17

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Alfaleffo

• Photo Expert
  • CSI Pro
Scrivo questo post in generale perchè non vedo altre sezioni adatte  :)

Facendomi una specie di "auto diagnosi" degli aspetti del gioco che applico, mi sono andato a rileggere ciò che diceva David Shade riguardo all'eye contact, testo che avevo letto prima di conoscere il gioco e che, dopo qualche mese di pratica, ritengo di poter commentare alla luce delle reazioni cui ho assistito.

ATTENZIONE: con questo post mi riferisco solo ed esclusivamente all'eye contact, non al bl, non all'apertura ne a niente altro. Solo alla fase di contatto visivo iniziale.

questo è quello che dice Shade

Citazione
From the archives at Maniac High's Seduction Website:

David Shade writes about Eye Contact Theory

I've been reading the many helpful posts by all the experienced players. I was wondering how the experts utilize eye contact.  Do you guys when  you first see a girl you like try to establish eye contact?  What happens after you get eye contact?  For some reason, when I make eye contact with a girl, I feel like I'm violting her in some sort of way. It's as if a girl can sense that I'm lusting after her with my eyes.

That's what you want her to sense.

I posted this once, and I will cut and paste it again...

Eye Contact Experiment

I asked one woman friend of mine "why did you go out with him?"and she replied: "because when I looked at him he kept eye contact with me."

When I recall the very successful people I have had the pleasure of working for in the corporate world, I remember that they all maintained eye contact while speaking to me.When you watch somebody successful being interviewed on TV, like Scott McNealy of Sun, you notice that they never look away from their interviewer's eyes and they rarely blink.

You are approaching a chick in the hall as you walk towards each other. When should you look at her? (Her eyes, silly. If you look at anything else, it's over.) I have tried all combinations. If I wait until the last instant, I either find she is not looking, or, if she is looking, she quickly looks away. If I look at her and she looks at me and I look away,then she never looks again. Then I tried something bold and decide I will look at her eyes the entire time. To my amazement, she gazes like a deer into headlights. Never breaks eye contact. So I decide to try this little experiment.

Recently I spent a week attending meetings in one of our buildings filled with educated successful professional women in their 20's and 30's. Most are definitely doable. Some are gorgeous. Some are married, some are not. I spent my time between meetings trying this: I would pick a different floor and I would walk down each hall, walking just slightly to the right of center. When I saw a woman walking towards me, I maintained looking at her eyes. Only the heavy ones did not keep looking. But for all the others, including the gorgeous ones, they maintained eye contact the entire time. I never blinked. They never blinked. They broke eye contact only when we were just about next to each other. I broke eye contact only after she did. What really amazed me was that by the time we passed, almost every chick had broken a smile. Some even said "Hi." I did not smile or
say Hi until they first did.

These halls were not long. Each woman was no farther than 30 feet away when I first saw her. But what if it had been a very long hall? How far down the hall should I start looking at her eyes? I certainly don't want to scare her. I look straight ahead, and then when she is about 30 feet away, I start looking into her eyes.

I then went to the mall a few times to try the experiment there. Most did not look at all. Of those who did look, most only looked for a second. Only about a third locked on. Of those, about half broke a smile or said Hi. A couple of them where so moved that they almost tripped.

Do you have to be walking? I tried the experiment while sitting. Almost none maintained eye contact. Do they have to be walking? While I was walking I would look at any chicks who were sitting. The results were the same as if we were both walking.

If I was approaching two chicks, and looked from one to the other, I lost them both. So, if I am in such a situation, I lock onto one and I don't change my mind.

If I smiled or said Hi, while she was still looking at me, but before she smiled or said Hi, it would usually result in my loosing her. On rare instances did it make her smile and say Hi with enthusiasm. So, I never smile or say Hi until she first does so, and I smile if she smiles and say Hi if she says Hi.

If she did not lock eye contact with me, I would go ahead and say Hi when she got close to me. In many instances she would then enthusiastically turn to me and smile and say Hi.I would also look at chicks who were with a man if he was not looking in my general direction. I was surprised at the number of times that she would lock on and actually smile.

I noticed that the better I dressed, or the sexier I dressed, the better I did. I noticed that the women who looked where better dressed then those who did not.

Eye contact in a bar is an entire science in itself. When done correctly, it can be fucking lethal.

Real players never stare.  They lock eye contact. There is a difference between staring and locking eye contact. They are two totally different things.

When you look at a woman, here is what you do. Lock eye contact with her. Don't blink. Don't look at her friend. Pick one eye and don't let go. You only get one chance at this. Don't give up. Don't smile. Don't say anything. You are telling her that you are interested in her and you are not intimidated by her. Then leave it up to her. You will be amazed at the staring capability that women posses.

She is thinking "Who is this guy to be so bold as to continue looking at me while I look at him? Now this is interesting. He is different." She knows that if she lets go now, she will loose you. She will go one of two ways. If she wants to loose you, she will break eye contact and look away. If she does not want to loose you, but is instead intrigued by what you are doing, she knows that she has to eventually end the stare down and she will have to make the move. She will have to either smile or say Hi.

If she smiles, you smile. If she says Hi, you say Hi. Don't say Hello. Then you reward her and make your move. Of course, you don't always have to wait for eye contact to make your move.

David Shade

Dividendolo in parti:

Citazione
You are approaching a chick in the hall as you walk towards each other. When should you look at her? (Her eyes, silly. If you look at anything else, it's over.) I have tried all combinations. If I wait until the last instant, I either find she is not looking, or, if she is looking, she quickly looks away. If I look at her and she looks at me and I look away,then she never looks again. Then I tried something bold and decide I will look at her eyes the entire time. To my amazement, she gazes like a deer into headlights. Never breaks eye contact. So I decide to try this little experiment.

Recently I spent a week attending meetings in one of our buildings filled with educated successful professional women in their 20's and 30's. Most are definitely doable. Some are gorgeous. Some are married, some are not. I spent my time between meetings trying this: I would pick a different floor and I would walk down each hall, walking just slightly to the right of center. When I saw a woman walking towards me, I maintained looking at her eyes. Only the heavy ones did not keep looking. But for all the others, including the gorgeous ones, they maintained eye contact the entire time.

Questo pezzo coincide quasi completamente con quello che ho visto di persona. Vi sono ragazze che non reggono il contatto visivo, ragazze che lo reggono per pochi secondi, e ragazze che lo reggono fino alla fine (l'uscita dal campo visivo). Talvolta lo rompono per reiniziarlo qualche secondo dopo.

Citazione
I never blinked. They never blinked. They broke eye contact only when we were just about next to each other. I broke eye contact only after she did.

Qui invece dipende molto dalla situazione, vi sono momenti in cui è necessario aumentare la frequenza normale di battito delle ciglia (vento forte contrario, pioggia in diagonale, freddo intenso, etc...) e ciò è difficile da applicare, rovinando l'effetto del contatto visivo.

CitazioneWhat really amazed me was that by the time we passed, almost every chick had broken a smile. Some even said "Hi." I did not smile or
say Hi until they first did.

Questo invece non mi è MAI capitato, per lo meno non con ragazze che non conoscevo già prima (con ragazze che già conoscevo invece si, ma in questo caso può esser dipeso da tanti altri fattori).
Ciò che invece mi è generalmente accaduto, con quelle che hanno retto il contatto, è stato il ricevere uno sguardo misto tra incuriosito, interdetto, indagatorio e talvolta sorpreso, ma senza un sorriso esplicito da parte loro, ne tanto meno un "ciao" come invece scritto da Shade.

Il sorriso magari appariva dopo un'apertura, ma in questo caso esula dall'argomento del post.

Come si spiega questo fatto? Può dipendere da una differenza di comportamento qui da noi rispetto all'america?
O magari è sintomo di un qualche mio errore nel tenere il contatto visivo?

Mi piacerebbe conoscere le vostre esperienze in proposito, tenendo presente di limitarsi al solo eye contact  :)

NOTA BENE: le situazioni cui mi riferisco sono tutte con social proof neutra (per strada, in metro, in un locale prima di aver iniziato ad approcciare, etc...)
Gli EC che avvengono quando si ha un'alta social proof imho non vanno considerati, perchè contaminati da altro e quindi non analizzabili nella pura "esecuzione tecnica".

Ultima modifica: 02 Dicembre 2008, 17:44:28 di Alfaleph
Per aspera ad astra!

Poncho

• SI-Reliable User
Citazione di: Alfaleph il 02 Dicembre 2008, 17:39:17
Come si spiega questo fatto? Può dipendere da una differenza di comportamento qui da noi rispetto all'america?
NOTA BENE: le situazioni cui mi riferisco sono tutte con social proof neutra (per strada, in metro, in un locale prima di aver iniziato ad approcciare, etc...)
Gli EC che avvengono quando si ha un'alta social proof imho non vanno considerati, perchè contaminati da altro e quindi non analizzabili nella pura "esecuzione tecnica".

a dire il vero mi sa che l'ambiente di shade fosse poco standard. dice che era a un meeting.. si tratta di un sacco di persone che non si conosce ma tutti sanno di essere li per il tema del meeting.

per certi versi andrebbe considerato come un set che hai già semi-aperto

imho.

bye, P.

p.s. ci ho provato anch'io, e manco a me funziona :)

Acqua

• SI-Bannati
Citazione di: Alfaleph il 02 Dicembre 2008, 17:39:17
Dipende IMHO da due fattori principali:

1 - Dal fatto che in quanto "teoria" tende per sua natura a modellizzare il reale semplificandolo, appiattendo le variabili interpersonali e intrapersonali.

2 - Dal fatto che in quanto "teoria" deve essere convincente, e per rendere una teoria convincente si tende spesso a sovravvalutarne gli aspetti positivi e sottovalutarne quelli negativi. A questo aggiungi il "mercato della seduzione", che è onnipresente. Una teoria positiva convince, una teoria che convince vende.

;)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - M. Twain

http://pieroit.org/blog

100% Maschio Alphonso

Alfaleffo

• Photo Expert
  • CSI Pro
Probabilmente avete ragione entrambi, può essere che abbia un pò gonfiato gli effetti, o che abbia usato un esempio molto "positivo", però in fin dei conti è una informazione disponibile online in forma gratuita, non ci vedo dietro tutto sto "mercato".
Magari l'ha fatto come sprone per gli MdP a provarla.  :D

Comunque, altri fattori che ho visto influenzare il "successo" dell'EC, e la frequenza di quelli ricevuti, sono stati:
- umore (o State, chiamatelo come vi pare  ;D )
- "cura" (capelli in ordine, o in "figo disordine"  :) , bei vestiti, etc...)
- BL

Un aspetto interessante di cui mi sono accorto è invece l'effetto del "farci caso".
escluse le prime volte in cui bisognava farci l'abitudine, se pensavo troppo a come e dove guardavo finivo per passare dall'azione del "guardare" a quella del "fissare" (nei post sull'EC in inglese lo chiamano "staring"), con effetti piuttosto negativi sulle reazioni ricevute  ;D.
In questo caso, dopo aver fatto l'abitudine, direi che la "naturalezza" dell'azione aiuta enormemente nell'efficacia.
I migliori che ho fatto (in base alle reazioni) eran rivolti a ragazze che realmente mi piacevano, o che cmq mi interessavano/intrigavano in qualche modo.  :)

Per aspera ad astra!

-eFFe-

• SI-Reliable User
Ho sempre dato importanza all'EC, e tempo fa mi sono preso la briga di sperimentare quanto detto da Shade al proposito:
ebbene neppure a me è capitato MAI di ricevere un sorriso in cambio né tantomeno un saluto da HB sconosciute, semplicemente guardandole in silenzio; nemmeno variando l'espressione del mio viso durante l'EC o volta per volta (espressione neutra, tranquilla, seria, misteriosa, curiosa...).
Poche volte ho ricevuto risposta ad un mio evidente sorriso, come pure ad un saluto.

Quindi confermo in pieno quanto scritto da te e dagli altri.

Ma credo che provare il David Shade EC mi abbia aiutato ad essere più consapevole e a far meglio il mio EC. Utile quindi :)
"ti avverto: stasera non ho intenzione di fare niente"
fclose ;-)
-
"Le conferme di effe sono come la panna sulle tette, sempre graditissima" - sfigatto